Monday, May 26, 2008

Men at Work

Every time I tune to a channel, they have a new season of House, No Reservations, CSI, Top Chef, Hells Kitchen etc etc... I thought it was the right time to make a mark of a fresh season to a new chapter in life. I had to decide on the name and the crew. Was easy to decide on the crew. Now for the name. The Gym (would be too simple), The Hot Studs (over-estimate), The Hot Bods (not yet), Quest for six pack (not really), Muscle Crunchers (duh!!!), Men at Work (this is good and absolutely hilarious. Sounded quite apt as well.



First Day

The plan: Ujwal, SreeRag, Ruel, Satya, Smithun & myself. The crew for the new season.

Turnout: Ujwal, SreeRag & myself. Yes, the rest were cowards :D

I changed into my gym wear, temperature was around 38 C. I was already perspiring giving an impression that it has already been a workout for me. As soon as I hit the gym, I wanted to warm up on the threadmill. There were 3 of them. There was one guy who was busy burning cals on threadmill number 2. One female (a little on the healthier side) crunching her body mass and finally coming to threadmill number 1. This female was hot. iPod, her gym gear, the intensity with which she was working out & the cold look. Something about her that made me feel, " Dude, wrong time wrong place. First day in the gym & you dont know what to do". Thats when i decided lets switch to Plan B. Oops. There was no Plan B. i was looking like a complete idiot. Meanwhile SreeRag, managed to get his butt on a cycle and made a start. I was looking around not knowing where to start. I was looking at all the weights telling myself," Dude, it will only be glory if you get started by lifting them". But, I am not here to lift weights. I wanted to look like Ashton Kutcher, with nice cuts on my arms, a flat abdomen, legs neatly toned. I don want to look bulky. That's when I got the cycle. With a smirk on my face, I head straight for the cycle. I was determined to work on the cycle for 10 minutes, atleast and then," Yikes, how to get this started". Now i was looking like a fool, specially with the hot girl, blazing her way on the threadmill right beside me & me trying to be all macho. SreeRag pushed some button which got the time ticking.
There on 10 mins thread mill, some crunched, some weights....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home